Powerscourt Estate

My weekend was busy packing up last orders (thanks everyone!) and running to the post office. I was powering my way through it all and only when I had delivered the last package to the post office did it hit me, a despondent sort of sadness. I know closing the shop was the right choice—it was frustrating me that I couldn't devote all I wanted to to it—but it was still the end of a small kind of dream and I felt forlorn once it was done.

I found solace editing and uploading some of the remaining pictures from my trip home. These are from Powerscourt Estate in Co. Wicklow. It's an obvious destination for day-trippers and tourists, but I still enjoy it every time. After all, there's a rose garden and two giant Pegasuses (Pegasi?) flanking a pond. It's a rule that one must be cheered by roses and Pegasuses...


More photos here.

8 comments:

  1. Onto the next dream, sweet Jane. You can feel proud of Coterie and all you did to see it through. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. More beautiful images, Jane! Especially love the last one. I have a few places like this in Sydney where I especially request we go, even though I've been there a thousand times.

    PS. I'm very happy to have elements of Coterie in my home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice - the last one is my favourite too!

      I'm so happy you like your Coterie purchases!

      Delete
  3. "It's a rule that one must be cheered by roses and Pegasuses..." haha, true!

    There's always sadness in seeing something you've worked on end, even if it is the right decision to make. I love my coterie goodies Jane, I can't tell you how pleased I am by them. I especially loved the way you wrapped everything so carefully (I think presentation and wrapping are an art).

    And what beautiful photos! I've been seduced by roses lately too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hila - I'm so pleased that you enjoy your goodies! It was fun packing up orders every day!

      Roses are the best!!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos - so transporting. Perhaps in the future you will have time to devote to doing a shop in the way that you envision, so I am sure this was all a valuable learning experience. I look forward to your posts and photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy - I'm afraid my writing workload is my priority and pretty overwhelming... so a shop isn't likely to happen again, much as I enjoyed having one!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.