Sage & sepia

Some images that have been capturing my imagination lately... I'm really drawn to these subdued sage greens and sepia-washed images. But I love the decadence of these images too.


There's a little story about the ring... I commissioned it from the amazing Kate Szabone as a birthday present for myself. I had been collecting images of vintage rings for the longest time and found that Kate had some in her store that were very close to what I was looking for. A few minor tweaks, stone and metal of my choice and I got everything I wanted! Kate was absolutely amazing to work with.


Image credits:
1. Houghton collection, photographed by Anne Moller
2. Ring (my own) - custom order from Kate Szabone
3. Chewy chocolate meringues from Food52, photographed by James Ransom
4. Peony BP 2313 wallpaper from Farrow & Ball
5. Teatro Comunale di Bologna, Bologna, Italy by David Leventi from Bau-Xi
6. Houghton collection, photographed by Anne Moller

20 comments:

  1. The ring is INSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANELY BEAUTIFUL. I'm so jealous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks Eilis - it felt very indulgent, but I'm so happy to own it!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful collection of images Jane! And I totally thought that ring was a Cathy Waterman piece - go you! It's beautiful. Love that etsy shop. Hope your day is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarahbeth - Cathy Waterman is one of my favourites. I die for that acorn necklace of hers!!

      Delete
  3. yowza. that ring is incredible and much deserved! happiest birthday to you, sweet jane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love that ring, so unique! Happy Birthday Jane!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You inspire me with how you take care of yourself... and honor yourself. Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gia! What a nice thing to say!

      Delete
  6. The ring is gorgeous! Happy Birthday! Hope you are having a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I am having a lovely day!

      Delete
  7. What a lovely and inspiring collection of images that are strangely calming, at least for me. Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!! I love vintage rings and your commissioned piece is such a beautiful culmination of some of those touches.

    I wish you the happiest of birthdays, Jane! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jessica!! I'm so happy with it!

      Delete
  8. Simply beautiful, my heart skipped a little beat, Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Jane! That's a ring worthy of a birthday. I'm all for well-deserved self-indulgence, and the ring is just stunning. Enjoy!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, gorgeous ring. What a treat! And happiest birthday wishes to you, lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.