Harakiri

The best gifts contain both something of the giver and of the recipient. On Saturday, Laura gifted me the rose thorn necklace from Montreal jeweler Harakiri. I was instantly smitten... it's one of those objects I may not have picked out for myself but I'm so glad somebody picked out for me.


Of course, I love roses... it's rare I go to the flower market and don't come home with roses of some kind. And I wear Rose Noir perfume. But while there are many things in my life that I readily identify as "my" symbols, I don't always think of roses in that way. But it made me happy to think I'm associated with roses in the mind of another!

I've worn my necklace every day since I got it. It's everything perfect. Thank you Laura!

10 comments:

  1. You're most welcome, Jane! I'm so glad that you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift.

    I always love your rose arrangements. I definitely would associate you with roses. And your Chanel nail polishes, that gorgeous dusty rose color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica - you're so right... when I start to look roses are everywhere in my stuff... even my 2 blushes... rose petal and rose bloom!

      Delete
  3. Jane, the rose thorn to me is a really great symbol of the ying and yang of life; the tough times make us truly appreciate the good times. Was it a special occasion, or is Laura just really wonderfully thoughtful?
    trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. This necklace is so beautiful! I love the hint of rose it gives without being too feminine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie - that's what I love too!

      Delete
  5. I have a pair of vintage Ted Mueller "Thorn" earrings in gold. They so work...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.